It’s that time of year to hit the pool, especially with this nice Seattle summer! As an reminder to keep kids safe from drowning we make an infographic with important pool safety information. Last year was the introduction of the infographic and this year is the second edition.
Have a look and feel free to share this on your website or print-out and post next to your pool!
Click the image to see the full view.
Recent Drowning Statistics
- 5,100 emergency room-treated drowning related injuries treated annually from 2010-2012
- 390 – annual average number of drowning deaths in pools and spas of children ages 0-14 from 2008-2010 as reported by the CPSC.
- 67% of deaths involving children between ages of 1 and 3
- Drowning is the leading cause of unintentional death for children ages 1-4
- 76% of reported fatalities and injuries which occur in children under 5